Little Peanut's birth story

Day 342

This is how our Little Peanut came into the world.
 
We had a feeling that she would be born early, mainly because my other two babies were. The other reason was I had been having contractions almost every day of my pregnancy. It was a bit scary because I could not feel them. The only way I knew I was having a contraction was that I would feel really, really tired. My Ob/Gyn sent me to the hospital to be monitored. Once I was all strapped up, the nurse asked me how I was feeling. I told her I was feeling fine, just tired. She kind of got big eyed and said I was having more contractions than the lady in the next room who was in real labor. Yikes! I was then put on medication and told to keep my feet up. I was also told to stay hydrated and make sure I go to the bathroom often which would help keep the contractions at bay. I still had contractions after this, but just made sure to listen to my body and take it easy.

Then the day of my baby shower came which was a month before my due date. I woke up to get ready and Boom! my water broke. Luckily, I packed my bag the day before ;) so I was all ready. As we were driving to the hospital a cop  saw that we were not wearing our seat belts and pulled us over. It was just like a scene from the movies, except I was not holding my belly screaming. My Man was totally disgusted and told the cop I was in labor. The cop looked at me and asked if I need an ambulance. {Umm, it depends how long you take to write that ticket, buddy!} I said no and he wrote us up for no set belts. The kids and I were totally laughing, My Man not so much.

We continued on our way and made it to the hospital. The first few hours were pretty uneventful. No real pain, I do remember watching a soccer game on the tv. Around noon the pain started to get overwhelming. I tried to stay calm and let the contractions kind of roll over me. I would try to meditate or say prayers to keep me calm. I also had my mom and my hubby there for support. Around 4pm she was born. It was a pretty emotional time for all of us. I remember saying, "Thank you, Jesus" and crying when she was given back to me. It was a day I will never forget.
 
Birthday Birthday 2 Birthday 5 Birthday 4 Birthday 3 Birthday 8 Birthday 7
 
A few days after her birth we had to take her back into the hospital. Because she was a premie, she had a hard time nursing which ended up leading to her having jaundice. She was in the hospital for 3 days, sleeping under that blue light.
IMG_0235
Once her count came back to normal, we were able to bring her back home. You can see the tape glue on her arm where the nurses had to hold the iv on her arm. This was the day we brought her home. 
Newborn
 
All I can say is, we are in love.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts