Big Surprise

Day 334

In December I started some new medication and found that it was making me sick. Like smells and things I ate were making me sick. I remember thinking to myself, this stinks if this is how women feel when they are pregnant. (My first 2 pregnancies, I didn't have any morning sickness.) After 2 weeks of being on the medication, it made me horribly sick so I stopped. Then right after, I came down with a nasty flue. It really stunk because I was sick on Christmas day, but my family being the brave people they are, came over to celebrate anyways.
 
 A few days later, I was talking to My Man and he said I should go to my Ob/Gyn. (I have PCOS and one of the side effects is irregular cycles.) Since I had skipped a couple of cycles, I knew he was right and was going to make an appointment. Before making the appointment, I took a pregnancy test just to make sure. To my shock, it came back positive! I thought something was wrong with the first one, so I took the other one. Positive again!
I told My Man and we just laid in bed in complete shock. It had been 10 years since our last one and we had come to accept that perhaps God wanted us to only have the 2 children he sent us.
Testers

By chance, my cousin volunteers at a pro-life center and they were training a new ultra sound technician. For training, the pro-life center was giving free ultra sounds to women who were 8-15 weeks pregnant. Without knowing I was pregnant, my cousin posted this news on Facebook and so I called to make an appointment.

I anxiously waited and when the day came, the kids and I made the trip to the center. I can not even tell you how I felt when I first saw my new baby dancing around. I almost started crying and had to bite my lip to make me stop.

10 weeks

The baby was moving and dancing around so much, the technician was having a hard time measuring the baby. After she had taken all me measurements, the kids were able to come and see the baby too. We all left there completely in love with our new little peanut.

We did not find out with the first 2 their gender, but with this one I decide we were going to find out. I had experienced some friends and family members losing there babies and decided that I wanted to know the gender. My reason was I wanted us to be able to bond with the baby and call it by name.
20 weeks 2 20 weeks

We found out that we are having a girl. I don't think any of us really wanted a certain gender, we were all so excited to just have a baby.
 
I am almost 8 months now and we are all still so amazed that there is a new little person growing inside of me. She still moves and kicks so much and even though I have experienced a lot of aches and pains from this pregnancy, I am so excited to have her in our lives. Every day, since we have found out about this new life, we have thanked God for sending her to us.
Baby Bump

 

Comments

Popular Posts