No pictures, just a talk about modesty
I am interrupting the usual program here with a post that does not have a single picture of mine. Before your thoughts get the better of you and you think something is seriously wrong with my health, I would like to tell you it has nothing to do with me. My stinkin computer has a virus and won't let me run my photoshop to edit my photos. So until my computer is wiped clean, I will be posting about....... well I am not sure what. I guess whatever tickles my fancy.
So what is tickling my fancy today.
I watched these 2 videos that have really made me think about the kind of woman I want to be. I have read a few different books on wearing modest attire, but they were just full of do's and do not's. They told you what to wear and what not to wear. After it was all said and done, it never really explained to me why. Why dress modestly? I know it is to help/prevent men to look at me lustfully, but I always felt in my heart there was another reason.
Well, I happened upon a blog that had this video and I watched it. I sat quietly, watching the video, and my soul was stirred. I had finally found the answer. I saw what it meant to be modest. Being modest is way more than the clothes I wear. To be modest I first need a modest heart. I need to have a humble heart. As for what I wear and how I act, they are just reflections of what is within my heart.
{to watch the videos make sure you turn off the music at the bottom}
{to watch the videos make sure you turn off the music at the bottom}
What are we noticed for?
What are we known for?
What is most eye catching about us?
And to the girls who don't follow the pattern of the world...



Comments