Slow Dance

     Have you ever watched kids Crane
On a merry-go-round?
Or listened to the rain
Slapping on the ground?
Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?
You'd better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.




Walking

Do you run through each day
On the fly?
When you ask "How are you?"
Do you hear the reply?
When the day is done 
Do you lie in your bed
With the next hundred chores
Running through your head?
You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.

  




                 Ever told your child,
Bubbles We'll do it tomorrow?
And in your haste,
Not see his sorrow?
Ever lost touch,
Let a good friendship die
Cause you never had time
To call and say "Hi"?
You'd better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.




Reading


When you run so fast to get somewhere
You miss half the fun of getting there.
When you worry and hurry through your day,
It is like an unopened gift....
Thrown away.
Life is not a race.
Do take it slower
Hear the music
Before the song is over.





When I read this it really made me realize how I whiz through the day and don't take the time to really slow down and enjoy these fleeting days with my children. How many times have I said I could not play a game with them because I was to busy. Or how many times did I not stop and enjoy what ever they had marveled at because I was to set on what I thought was important at the time.
It really hit home when I was searching through all of my photos for this post and I didn't have much to chose from.

Right now my kids have "Clue" set up and have been waiting patiently for me to come and play with them. I am going to go and play with them and I am going to give all the love I can lavish on them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My hubby and I were just talking about taking MORE time to see and do things with the kids. It does go by too fast!
Jewlz said…
Gosh, you have a talent for making me teary eyed! :) Time is a precious gift... Thanks for the reminder!

Popular Posts