Little Squirt’s 1 st Communion

Little Squirt made his 1St Communion on Christmas Day.

Christmas 2009 112My God, help me to make a good Communion.
To Thy glory and for the good of my soul I wish to receive the Most Holy Sacrament.
Mary, my Mother, pray to Jesus for me.
My good angel guardian, lead me to the altar of God.
My patron saints, pray for me that I may receive the Lord with a heart that is pleasing to Him and with great profit to my soul.
Call to mind frequently during the day that you have received Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament and say to yourself:
“This morning Jesus Christ, the Son of God, condescended to come and dwell within me, and gave Himself to me.”

Christmas 2009 114By doing this you will derive greater fruit from your Communion; you will gain more patience under difficulties, and be more careful in keeping the grace of God in your soul; you will more easily acquire true and real devotion; and you will set a good  example to others. Remember that your tongue has received Jesus, that it has touched His Sacred Body when you went to Communion. Only recall this thought to mind when you feel tempted to speak impatiently, or so as to offend or injure your neighbor; and surely it will keep you from offending Jesus with that tongue which has been sanctified by the touch of His Sacred Flesh.
Christmas 2009 108


Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh Jeri! I love your posts! I wish I could have been there! I was in Spirit! Great Job with your Blog. Keep up the good work.
Your Sis Julie.
Ps. Yes time flies...

Popular Posts